Monday, March 03, 2008

What's for Supper?


I figure if I start writing this, maybe I'll get enough energy to actually do the planning involved. It's a pipe dream, due to the cold I am fighting, but I think by Friday I'll be hoping that I planned for more than just orange juice and Theraflu, so here goes. Thanks, Laura, for the motivation.

Sunday: Lunch Brie and Ham Omlettes, salad. Supper Bison Steak Haché (chopped steak) with Chicago Steak Seasoning from Penzey's, brown rice and couscous with Herbes de Provence from Penzey's, corn. (Dr. B's business trip took him to Madison, so he stocked up for me while he was there. The CSS was awesome--made the bison burger taste really steaky. BTW, that's why I didn't post last week--I basically ate the same thing for 3 days, then another same thing for 2 while I waited for him to get home. Not so exciting.)

Monday: Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce with Ground Turkey, Salad. (That is, if I get up and get going. Signs are not great. We may be having cough drops and 7up for supper.)

Tuesday: Pork chops, baby red potatoes, glazed carrots.

Wednesday: Beef hard shell tacos, salsa black beans.

Thursday: Ham and Swiss Hoagie Melts, salad.

Friday: Salmon with Dill Yogurt Sauce* (recipe follows), green beans.

Saturday: Lunch: Cheese Quesadillas with salsa and sour cream, fresh fruit. Supper: Norwegian Meatballs, potatoes and gravy, corn.


Salmon with Dill Yogurt Sauce

This is my own recipe, developed by experimentation, that I used to make back when we did the low-carb thing and got all skinny and then we got tired of all the fuss so we started eating again. (We're squishier, but happy.) But this one was really good, lightening fast and super easy, so I still make it often. It looks fancy when you serve it, but it's so easy a monkey could make it.

Ingredients:

Salmon filets or steaks
olive oil
salt and pepper
plain yogurt
lemon juice
dill weed

Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking pan (I don't bother with the broiler pan--to much of a pain to clean) with heavy duty foil and grease it well with olive oil. Place your salmon filets on the sheet, folding under any thin bits so it's pretty much of even thickness. (If you have a piece with a skin side, put it down. You'll be able to leave the skin on the foil when you lift it off with a spatula. Voilà! And if you let your dog eat the skin, she will love you forever.) Brush well with olive oil (Don't skip this or your salmon will dry out. I know it's a fatty fish. It still will dry out.) and season well with salt and pepper. Broil 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Don't overcook!

Sauce: Mix your desired amount of plain yogurt with salt, pepper and a pinch of dill. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. Make lots, because it's yummy and you'll probably like it on your green beans, too. We do!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...