Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Door


Fridge, originally uploaded by MrsBinParis.

Vivi posted a photo of her fridge door, and it got me thinking about how much I love to look at people's fridges when I'm over at their house. Unlike the medicine cabinet (which is officially snooping), the fridge is out there, available, and shows a lot about the people who live in that kitchen.

I'd love to have a neat, clean fridge. I'd love to love modern design and "clean lines" (if I hear that one more time, I'll scream) and have a neat, clean, spare, organized house that looks like it comes from a magazine.

But I don't. My house is a cluttered place, full of all the little interesting things that fill my life. It's not the big, open space you see in magazine layouts. It's small. We look a bit more like a Pottery Barn catalog meets garage sale than like a Modern Living design. Our furniture is a combination of old and new, cozy, somewhat traditional but not really, but the Scandinavian element is less about empty surfaces and sleek furniture and more about wood, Carl Larssen prints and Dala horses. We admire people with style like that, but it's just not us.

So here it is, my fridge. Actually, the freezer, too (we have an upright). At the bottom is a pic of Rowan that graces the door, just to make it fit in the mosaic. To see the real ones, and find out what all that crap is, click through and take a look at my photoset--there are notes all over the photo.

And now, I wanna snoop in someone else's house. I tag Flare, Katia (because I know she'll never do it) and my cousin Mama Bear. If you want to participate, please do, and let me know! I want to see!

What's on your fridge?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was hoping I'd get tagged! I'll post my pic tomorrow.

PS. I want to steal that neato scarf thingy you won for your mad French skilz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...