Monday, January 14, 2008

Remember


Mom and Rowan, day 3, originally uploaded by MrsBinParis.

My latest project has been to box up and put in the attic the clothes Rowan has already outgrown. I've filled two large plastic storage containers to bursting, and mailed back a big box to a friend, sorting things by age and purpose, and marveling that she could have ever been so very tiny.

Then I found a few rolls of film, tucked into the camera bag. I didn't remember what was on them, so I took them to the store and had them put on disc. When I pulled the contact sheets out, I couldn't believe, once again, that she was ever so little.

She's changed so much in such a short time. Just seven months ago, she was so small, so helpless. Now, our baby girl has learned how to sit up, plays happily with her toys (especially her little kitchen), jumps and squeals and laughs and dances, and even claps her hands.

She still keeps us up when we want to be sleeping, makes lots of messes (this I expect to continue for another 18 years or so), and screams and cries when things don't go her way, but now she has become so much more than she was then. She's growing and changing and living every day, and I get to watch.

What a joy it is to be her mother.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...