Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm too lazy to email this.

Today, Rowan and I walked our dog and a friend's dog (separately) and it was really cold and very windy. We got tired. Rowan had one of her really irritable days, so even though I was pooped, I eventually gave in and packed her up and took her to the mall. Most people would think the opposite, but going shopping usually buys me time where she's not shrieking. Hey, whatever you gotta do, right? So we went. (Just so you know, there isn't crap there this time of year.)

Anyway, I have nothing witty to say, but a friend emailed me this thing, and I though rather than sitting and typing in a bunch of email addresses to forward this to, I'll just post it. Reply if you like (I'd like it), but if not, here it is, for what it's worth.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Not officially, because my parents knew twin girls named Ronica and Roxanne and loved the names (my sister is Roxanne, though we're not twins), but my dad's name is Ron, so kind of after him. My middle name is Heather, after my Grandma Helen. (I guess Ronica Helen didn't sound very good.)

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Maybe at my sister's wedding in November. I know I cried then, but I don't remember anything since. Probably that. The officiant did a really nice moment of silence to remember my mom, and I think I even saw my dad tear up. (He's very stoic, so that's an occasion.)

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No, it's pretty awful. Kind of creative, though, but mostly crappy. I'd rather type. It's much faster, and more legible.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? rare roast beef.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Rowan, 7 1/2 months old.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS
WITH YOU? I think so. I like to think I'm pretty cool.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? What do you think?

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, never had trouble with them.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No way, Jose. I have trouble standing on a chair.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I don't really eat cereal. I like toast. But when I was pregnant I craved Lucky Charms and it was one of the only things I could keep down.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No, except for my hiking boots because I can't get out of them without untying. My converse are always kicked off. Otherwise, I usually wear no-lace shoes anyway.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I know I am.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? I love the old fashioned flavors like Tin Roof and Rocky Road. Also Fighting Sioux Champion Chip. And right now I'm digging Black Raspberry. And Wavy Gravy, Chunky Monkey (Ben and Jerry's) and Bananas Foster (Haagen Dasz.)

I just reread that. I really have a problem.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
tone of voice, I think. I don't know. What a good question. Like Julie, I also look at their facial expression, I think, too. That's very perplexing.

15. RED OR PINK? red

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I am obsessive. I wish I was more relaxed. I'm trying REALLY REALLY HARD TO BE!!!!

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Mom.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Yes, fill up that comment box or email me!

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black Gap pants and no shoes. But my haus schus are on the floor by my feet. They are green wool felt clogs from Germany.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Homemade pizza with ham, red peppers, black olives and cheese. It was tasty.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The menu music for Night at the Museum. Dr. B is rocking Rowan to sleep, then we're watching a movie.

22. HAVE YOU HAD BRACES? No. Born with really straight teeth. I do have them bonded though, because they had a gap. I could do a mean impression of a lawn sprinkler!

23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Toast. Especially made for someone else (it always smells so much more enticing!) Fresh coffee. Lavender. And donuts (not the grease, the sweet.)

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE
PHONE? Dr. B. It was to say, "we're here to pick you up and your daughter passed out while screaming in the backseat listening to Peter Frampton." She's a classic rock girl.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Yes! If I didn't, why would I post it here?

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Hockey! Fighting Siiiiiiioooooooouuuuuuuuuxxxxxxxx Hockey!

27. FAVORITE KIND OF PIZZA? I love any with lots of veggies, and I also love BBQ Chicken pizza and Bacon Cheeseburger pizza that has PICKLES on it.

28. EYE COLOR? blue

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? yes, but I switch off with glasses because I have chronic dry eye.

30. FAVORITE FOOD? Pickles. Cucumber and sour, please.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? happy endings. Or not, but I'm not into scary.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? We watched "Heavenly Creatures" last night with Kate Winslet, directed by Peter Jackson. We both hated it. Creepy and awful. I want those 109 minutes of my life back.

In a theater? Pirates of the Caribbean 3. I was pregnant with Rowan. She did NOT like it, kicked me really really hard for the entire time, and made me have to go pee about 50 billion times. I really have no idea what the movie was about, I missed so much of it.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? black fine-gauge sweater tshirt and grey cardigan.

34. FAVORITE SEASON ? early winter.

35. HUGS OR KISSES? hugs

36. FAVORITE DESSERT? crème brûlée. Best one I ever had was at the Mall of America, at the Napa Grill. I think it was key lime or some such silliness, but it was the silkiest, most divine thing I have ever tasted. I wanted to crawl into the bowl when I was done.

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Lisa

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Dr. B

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I am stuck in the middle of Eat, Pray, Love. Also reading Yayas in Bloom. Just finished the Mercy Seller.

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have a mouse. (Touchpad on my laptop)

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? We didn't. Watched the freaky movie. I did watch some Simpsons and King of the Hill before Dr. B got home, though.

42. FAVORITE SOUND? Wind rattling the cottonwood trees' leaves.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? I like the Beatles, but Dr. B doesn't, he likes the Stones. But really, I like both. Except I think the Stones are scary looking.

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Probably Germany. But I lived in France!

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can put both ankles behind my neck and slip my shoulders through. I have no upper body strength, though, so can't walk around like that. And no, I won't put video of that up on vimeo.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? St. Paul, MN at Midway Hospital. It's closed now. My Dr. was Charlie Brown!!!

47. WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR PET PEEVES? I have a lot. OK, a big one is when I see people out shopping wearing sloppy pants with torn hems (because they walk on them), flip flops, messy hair pulled back into a pony tail without brushing it, and chewing gum with their mouth open. Disgusting. Have a little respect for yourself and others, please!

48. THINGS YOU REALLY ENJOY DOING? reading, eating, cooking, dancing, playing with my daughter, talking with my husband, shopping, watching movies, traveling, laughing.

49. FAVORITE SUBJECT IN SCHOOL (OR COLLEGE)? Music, French, Drama, English. I love History, too, but prefer to learn on my own. Class was usually boring or frustrating.

50. DO YOU DRINK COFFEE? Yes. Black, and strong.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...