Friday, October 26, 2007

F'in a UFO




Detail of collar, originally uploaded by MrsBinParis.

Knitters are famous for UFO's, me included. This was a sweater I started for Louise, the summer before we left Paris to move back to the US. I finished it, except for the weaving in and buttons, but there were things I wanted to fix.

So it sat in my knitting basket for about a year.

I finally decided that since I'd lost the pattern and couldn't remember what kind of yarn it was, much less what size needles, I should just finish the dumb thing before my own child, conceived and born since I'd laid it down, would outgrow it.

So I grabbed some buttons at Walmart and spent way too much time poorly sewing in the billions of ends. I washed and blocked it, and now it's sitting, waiting to dry (which is taking forever because it's been raining for days and days and days.)

An unusual color for a baby girl, perhaps, but I like it. I think it's Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, but I really don't remember. It's not perfect by any means, but it's done. UFO is FO'd!

Now I need to get moving on the shawl collared shrug I'm knitting for her, before she outgrows that one, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice cardigan! I like green for girls, it looks cute with pink or purple. I made a similar one with a pattern from Stitch'n'Bitch Nation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...