Saturday, October 16, 2010

Star Bright

Star of David, Kennicott Bible

I hauled her sister's carseat up the stairs, gave her a hello kiss, and watched her run off again to play on the playground as I went in to the preschool to check her cubbie. In her neighbor's was a glittery star of David, the daily craft. I didn't see Rowan's. On the way home, I asked her about the art projects they'd worked on.

"Did you make a special star today, Rowan? Cool! Where is it?"

"I don't know," she answered, too busy eating her goldfish crackers to consider where it had gone.

"Oh, well. Maybe the glue wasn't dry yet. I'm sure we can get it next time," I said. "So, is it a star of David?"

"Noooo!!!" You could practically hear her rolling her eyes in the back seat.

"Mom, it's a Star of Rowan!!!"


Photo by 
zeevveez, on flickr.

1 comment:

Paulita said...

Kids say the darnedest... well, you know the rest. I loved glancing through your posts and remembering when my kids were that age, although I forget so much because my brain went into total exhaustion meltdown. Good thing you're blogging so you can look back and remember. Love the photos of you and your sister.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...