Thursday, October 23, 2008

Preschool TV Fashion in France

Rowan's recently gotten into watching TV. I've set up her own playlist on the remote, and we watch Sesame Street (also free On Demand, which I love), Sprout, Noggin, and even a little SpongeBob. Her attention span is short, but so are the clips on the shows, and she loves the colors and music, often clapping along (and actually, her steady beat is already pretty good.) She dances with the television, shaking her tush and rocking back and forth from foot to foot, spinning in a circle, waving her arms and waggling her head back and forth.

A very dear friend suggested a french show her son loves, so we started watching on dailymotion.com. Rowan loves the music, dancing along with it, and clapping her hands with the little bear every time he does during the theme song. We love seeing so many little aspects of french culture embedded in it.

Here's one of her favorites. After singing along with the theme song, we started watching. I remembered walking the two blocks to our local marché, and ordering fruits, veggies, cheese, butter, bread and meat from the vendors. Then I looked more carefully.

Watch Papa Ours' pants. The length.

Hilarious. Even french cartoon men wear their pants too short.

3 comments:

PutYourFlareOn said...

Ah, the pants!! Of course, you'd recognize that right away. Julien and I just watched that and laughed at every scene.

Anonymous said...

Hi, found your site through my Blogher Ad links. Thanks for posting the video, my 21 month-old loved it. Hilarious about the pants length - I had no idea that French men wore their pants too short, but Papa Ours does look a bit silly in those high-waters.

Daisy said...

Hello! I just found your blog - am so loving reading about your time in Paris and this video was hilarious- I am so hoping that I have a little person I can teach French to someday. I'll check back again- lovely blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...