Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mom still dresses up, too. Halloween 2012

My costume this year: Maude Lebowski from the phone scene in The Big Lebowski.

Specs: wig was an Electra auburn wig that I cut short. It curled under naturally, so it was very easy to do. I got it at Party City, but can't find it online right now. It was about 20 bucks.

Robe was a self-design, made of dark green felt. I wanted velvet, but they didn't have any in this color and the price would have been prohibitive anyway. It approximates her costume quite well, and is super comfy to boot. I wore it to a Halloween party Friday night, and those who'd seen the movie loved it. I am surprised by how many people have not seen the movie. Travesty! I wore it with a tank and jean skirt underneath, and black knee-high boots like she wears in the painting scene. I also approximated her makeup, though my attempt to create the lipstick shade wasn't exact, but whatever. So I was Technicolor Maude.

Hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween, and get lots of good candy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...