Friday, January 27, 2012

First Sleepover


They planned it themselves. I heard snippets, here and there, but figured it was just wishful thinking. Then I got the text.

"Are we on for a sleepover tomorrow?"

So, she's going. Just down the hill, her friend lives pretty much in our backyard, and they spend so much time together, I'm not really worried that she'll get scared and want to come home at 2 AM (though she can if she wants to, of course.) She's got her sleeping bag, Eeyore, "Cover Blanket", clothes, jammies, brushes and toothpaste. The Goofy pillowcase is fresh, and she's planned to use "the sleeping side". I think they may be sleeping in the loft bed, which should be interesting. There will be movies and popcorn and lots of giggles.

Exciting, and a little sad. My girl is growing up.

Next party's at our house.

1 comment:

Lisa, a.k.a. The Bold Soul said...

Oh, those first sleepovers are always fun, and a bit touch-and-go when you don't know if "away" kid will make it through the night OK. I remember doing a sleepover at a friend's house and I got sick in the night and barfed all over the white shag carpet in my friend's bedroom. Her poor mother! And I wasn't that little, either.

Good for Rowan! Hope she has fun! We just let Georges' youngest have TWO friends sleep over on Saturday. I think we decided from now on to limit it to ONE friend. 10 year old boys are just maniacs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...