Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I finally admit it. I am no longer a size 8.

And I probably never will be. And that's OK.

Over the past few weeks, in stolen moments, I have been going through my closet and purging things that are worn out, out of style, too short, too tight, or too uncomfortable.  Many items came from my teaching days before we moved to France, so they were pretty ancient, and unlikely to be worn again. The entire trunk of our car is full of bags of clothes and shoes on the way to Goodwill. And honestly, I'm sure there is more that should be in there, but I just got to the point where I needed the process to be done.

And when it was, I still had little to wear. The closet is full of clothes, but there were very few pants or skirts that I could fit into and I liked. But I'm trying to be a grown up. It's time to accept it. I've had 2 children, and I have never had abs of steel, even before my babies grew under them. My clothes just don't fit the same, and may never again. And that's OK. Our daughters are worth that price.

I bought two new pairs of pants the other day. I don't like the numbers on the tag, but I like the way they fit. I like being able to breathe. I like the confidence I have when I know I look good again. And I'm worth it, too.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

I am right there with you, Ronica. I am doing major purging of the closets. I packed up a huge trash bag of clothes that I kept "just in case". Two kids later and I am realizing that I'll never get back into those clothes again. It's ok, like you said... time to move on. Like you I have the few itmes that fit and for now they are enough, it's so freaking hot here right now so I am wearing as little clothes as I can get away with (or feel comfortable with) but I do look forward to going out and getting a few new pair of jeans (ignoring the number on the tag).

Thanks for reminding me that I am worth it too. :)

Miss you, hon!

Julie said...

Every mommy deserves to look her best. I went to the doctor yesterday and didn't even look at the scale - for me that's progress!

Andrea said...

You are SO absolutely 100% worth it! GOOD FOR YOU! Great post. I like you already! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...