Monday, February 16, 2009

Space

We're planning trips. Big ones, with little luggage. One to France in May, with me and Rowan taking a train from Frankfurt to Paris while jetlagged, alone (yeah, that should be fun.) Then another to the Outer Banks of NC in the summer, to a big house with about 10 other families. A house you can't drive to unless you have 4WD because it's right on the beach (which our little Civic hybrid doesn't.) So, we're told to pack for 3 days, rather than the 10 we'll be there. (It has a laundry room.)

So I've been thinking. How could we save space? And I came up with a BRILLIANT idea. We'll all use Rowan's Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash as shampoo and body wash!!! Perfect. Makes such good sense. Man, I'm surprised no one else ever thought of that.

I tried it today. It took more to wash me than her, but whatever. It's not known for lather. I cleaned up, washing hair, face and body, and towel drying. And it worked wonderfully!

If you like looking like a haystack.

No wonder my kid looks like Einstein.

I had been a tish irritated with my hairstylist for not cutting my hair enough at the last (very pricey) session, but today I was really, really glad to have the ponytail option.

Does anybody know of a head-to-toe that doesn't give us the "Botte de paille" look*?








*(If not, we'll make room for a bottle of conditioner.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, not only do I have to use salon shampoo to avoid the haystack, but I use a leave in conditioner too. It only took me four years to figure that out! You could try a 2 in 1 formula, though!

Anonymous said...

You're going to love NC. Been there many times. It's a beautiful state. vm

The Inside Skinny Girl said...

Love the OBX and you will too. But you know, they DO have supermarkets there. Why don't you just buy a bottle of shampoo + conditioner in one... when you get there. And then toss out whatever's left over at the end of the 10 days? Save the suitcase space for the more important stuff you can't get locally.

Ronica said...

Yeah, I know, but we won't have an easy way out of the house (it's on the beach, and we don't have 4WD, so will rely on someone to shuttle us.) Plus, we have to bring drinking water, all beverages, tooth-brushing water, clothes for 3 or 4 people, the dog, dog food, etc. So I'm doing my best to figure out how to manage this. :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun - we've spent alot of time in the Outer Banks and it's a great place for a "just hang out at the house with friends while the kids entertain each other" kind of vacation! And now for the important stuff - get Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom. It's unisex, tames straw hair like magic, and the tiniest bottle will last you for years (seriously, a little goes a looooong way)
Lauren

PutYourFlareOn said...

Just pack enough until you get to Paris and then we'll have everything you need here! :)

Also, we have a dryer! :)

I can't not wait until May!!!!

A roommate in college used body lotion, just a tiny bit, and would always smooth it through her hair and it worked like a charm. This last week we were at the sea and the water was very hard and I had the bare min. of things with me and I tried it and it worked. It was jergens cherry almond lotion. Could give it a try?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...